Everyday, Give Yourself A Present...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Walking Dead #13!!!!!! AWWWWW YEA! And A Random But Awesome Anime Clip!

There i was, in clear 28 degree sacramento, basting the cutest little baby Tofurkey loaf with a nice oliveoil/sage soy sauce, when I get one of the best fucking messages I could have hoped for. Maggie the Mechanic -> Dale Cooper: "There is a new walking dead out. We need to get it!" Next Day. Not 5 miles returned to EKA and I was in North Coast Role Playing buying the sweetest black and blue colored #13....

The Walking Dead comic has remained one of the most consistently intriguing and intense books i am currently following. I love other comics but I don't wait for them with the same giddy anticipation as I do with the Dead, and #13 here is a packed "this is why i love this comic" book. I wish i could say the same for the TV show, which me and my friends gathered to watch in a nerdy revelry, but has lost me little by little as each episode airs. No matter how hard I try i cannot separate it from the comic. I cannot forgive the detours, diversions and flat out new story lines that have been developed. Even taken on their own merit, as a TV show it is shaping up to be pretty terrible. There is great Zombie death and gore, yes. There is finally a TV show about Zombies..AND ITS THE WALKING DEAD MADE INTO A TV SHOW! But I find that i cringe at most of it. Maybe Season 2 will hook me back in....

and Now For Something Completely Different:

Just thought i would post a little clip of one of my favorite Anime, Paprika. Oddly enough it was this movie that in some bizzare way, inspired me to create this little blog....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment